Registrations for the III Introduction to Light Microscopy Course are now open!
Deadline for registration: January 10th 2016
The course will take place at:University of Algarve, campus of Gambelas, January 26th and 27th 2016.
To register you should:
- Fill in the online registration form
- Wait for an e-mail confirming your registration
- After this confirmation, you should pay in 3 days (by bank transfer only) and send the proof of bank transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not pay during this time, we will consider that you are not interested and will accept other students.
Between December 18th and January 1st e-mail answers may be delayed, but registrations are accepted.
Aims and scope of the course:
This course is designed to give first time users/beginners theoretical knowledge important to take the best out of the microscope.
Post docs, PhD and master students who need to use microscopy and want to learn the theoretical principles are encouraged to apply.
Topics to be covered include:
- Image acquisition and pitfalls,
- Bright field microscopy,
- Fluorescence and confocal microscopy,
- Sample preparation and image processing.
Lesson 1 - history of microscopy, composition of the microscope, resolution concept, PSF
Lesson 2 - Transmitted light microscopy: brightfield, phase contrast, dark field, DIC and polarization microscopy. Koller illumination.
Lesson 3 - Image acquisition, digital image acquisition, cameras, binning gain.
Lesson 4 - Principles of fluorescence microscopy. Emission and excitation spectrum, stokes shift. Fluorescence filter cubes. Acquisition of simple and complex images.
Lesson 5 - Principles of confocal microscopy. Spectral microscope/spectral unmixing
Lesson 6 - Sample preparation for microscopy: fixation, permeabilization, reducing auto fluorescence, making samples transparent.
Lesson 7 - Image processing &ndash Image J, freeware software (introduction)
Lesson 8 - Huygens software (Image processing)
Álvaro Tavares, University of Algarve
Cláudia Florindo, University of Algarve
Marco Campinho, University of Algarve,
Gitta Hamell, SVI (Scientific Volume Imaging)
ENVIE ESTE EVENTO POR EMAIL PARA UM(A) AMIGO(A) >>